"DUSK" NEW ALBUM ON BANDCAMP pre order NOW


Contrary to any other project by LME I hesitated for a long time before I decided whether I should release the Dusk album or not. It was the first time I had to do everything by myself, the one who had been my other half for 6 years then had left the band and myself, and most of the band's following was quite hostile or uncomfortable with the idea of a "LME-1334" thing or a "LME feat.Osiris-Valor" or any other bad joke like that. I still had to explain that I wasn't ready to let everything down, after all those years working hard on 60 or so gigs, 4 albums and a 7" and about 100 songs that has been written by us, etc.

These times were quite harsh but finally I asked some friends if they wouldn't mind singing one or two song for my album (because using my own voice was out of the question) and once again it wasn't easy, LME has always been seen as... well... music activists, ok, but not really easy to deal with and we were well known for having a strong character as individuals. It was really a challenge to eat humble pie and asking some people for help and being finally turned down when I've always had seen them as supporters or friends.

But then I saw that people I already met in real life were looking for projects so I sent to them only minimal synths and drums demos, so the first vocal tracks were sent back to me and I'm sure they made the best possible choice. One track in particular had the special ability to cheer me up, "Bitter Moon", thanks to Thalie's outstanding vocals and lyrics. I understood quite quickly that we had something different from everything we ever did under the name LME, we started to go to unexplored musical places. So we also worked on "A Venusian Song" together, which is supposed to be a goth club classic, (well, we'll see) and "Human" came naturally as a logical follow-up... and then came the other musicians... and then the whole album was completed quite easily.

Every additional musician featuring on Dusk is also playing in a band or as a solo act such as
thalie.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/banshee-xuan
soundcloud.com/countessm
soundcloud.com/mutiara-damansara
soundcloud.com/FrozenInMonochrome
feroxide.bandcamp.com

Specials thanks are due to Al "Feroxide" Cable who was really helpful both as a producer and as a human being. Shallowpulse (and her repeatedly deleted blogs) was also very inspirational to me, a muse with swastika eyes.

Azia came back in the band shortly after Dusk was completed, and then Damien came in to play bass, and then Olivier, who is our first drummer ever, and we're currently playing gigs under the name LME.

Recorded at Les Modules Etranges Home Studio, Nantes, France
And several other places (France, Wales & USA) for the vocal tracks
Mixed by Al Cable at Raven Studios (rav3nstudios@gmail.com), Wales, UK Picture by Jean Delpech Models are Janis No & Vazline Shanna Zombi

Commentaires